It _IS_ a nasty beast isn't it.

We've had it going on at work all day - patching systems.  Most are not
compromised due to the backward nature of our company (most desktops are
still running NT4 Workstation) so we're looking to lock down on the laptops
running XP and 2000.  It's killing XP laptops though - as the worm was
designed with XP in mind but will attack NT and 2000 as noted.

Win95, 98, Mac and WinME *shudder* are not affected.

Weird thing is - I've left both my systems on all day - hooked up 24-7 to
the net, and one of them is running Win2K server.
Neither system was compromised and I've just finished patching and updating
virus definitions. Both systems run behind an older 3 Com DSL router which,
may have staved off the worm enough for me to survive without patches on the
systems.

Cheers
Dave