> > Was it Pentax service centre?
>
>  I don't know, to be quite honest.  Anyway, Pentax don't support the K2
>anymore (not if you want spare parts, anyway).
>
>  That reminds me, I also asked them to fit a new nameplate assembly to a
>SMCP 50mm f/1.4 which had "seen better days".  They don't have the parts I
>need, so unless someone here can send me parts off a junk lens I'm stuck.
>I need the nameplate itself plus the part that it screws into, and the
>three
>little screws that hold the whole assembly to the lens.

Many Pentax screws are interchangable. The question is, how you should
approach Pentax to get those screws? The nameplate is tough. You can find
the rubber which is used to tighten the nameplate at www.micro-tools.com.
And don't forget to use screwlock on those three screws or the focus will
shift (eventually).

For the light meter, if they can't fixed it for you, you might try to fix it
yourself (you might want to seek for a partly refund because they only
replace the form only). Unfortunately, you will need some special tools in
order to remove the top first. Try to find the service manual on the net
(you only need the light meter diagram) and adjust it accordingly.

regards,
Alan Chan