On 10 Mar 2001, at 19:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> To my eye, 28mm is the widest
> practical focal length for "people-shooting," which is what I do. True, it
> makes people at the edges of the frame look fat. But this problem is
> minimized by selecting a well-corrected prime.

Hi Paul,

Please explain, to my mind there should be a similar degree of perspective
distortion present (ie elongation of close objects at the edge of the frame) in
any well corrected optic. The only way that I can imagine that there would be
differences is if the lens that looks more normal has a semi-spherical plane
of focus?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA