Just came back from my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and I was surprised to see that Pentax was their camera brand of choice.
In their photo department they had Pentax logos plastered on their display cabinets and were selling low end Pentax cameras.
I did notice that their photographers though were shooting with Nikon F100's.

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 05:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

------------------------------

pentax-discuss-d Digest Volume 03 : Issue 873

Today's Topics:
Re: *ist-D on Adorama Site [ Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: I need a lot of counselling... p [ Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: *ist-D on Adorama Site [ Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: slow list so questions [ Frits Wuthrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:50:26 -0400
From: Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: *ist-D on Adorama Site

Not so fast there, Mr. Bigdayphoto. The camera has to be in stock and
shipping by Labor Day. They're only taking orders now.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The bet.

--
Thomas Van Veen Photography
www.bigdayphoto.com

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:51:43 -0400
From: Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2nd Prize is 2 PPs.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A program plus.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:58:59 -0400
From: Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I thought it was understood that it was listed "for sale", not "for
order". It's been "for order" in several places already.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I don't remember saying anything about dealer's shelves, the bet was:

Ok, the bet is that Pentax will have a digital slr for

sale by 9/1/03.

"For sale" means it's listed on a major camera retailer's

web site.

tv