On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Gianfranco Irlanda wrote:

> spare 2CR5... WRT the built in flash: the MZ series one,
> although less powerful, is placed higher over the optical axis,
> so it makes more difficult to have red eyes in the subjects.

I was asking about the position of the hotshoe: on the Zs it is above
the right hand, which means you can use both an additional flash and
the built-in one at the same time. How do you find that? Any ideas why
Pentax stopped doing that?

> do fill flash). Works with any TTL flash (on the MZ-3/5n I
> usually switch to manual, set a not-so-slow-nor-so-fast speed to
> keep a good amount of ambient light and select -1/2 compensation
> - not so akward but akward indeed...).

Doing the same (or just the -1/2) on the MZ-50 myself.

> Hope this helps.

Sure does, thanks very much. I was thinking of investigating the
Z-series from Boz's site. The Z-1p is more expensive than what I could
afford (sth between an MZ-6 and a -5n -- used)

> PS: forgot to mention: I have large hands and the Z-1p, being

Thanks for that too, I am really small :-)

Kostas