On Saturday, August 30, 2003, at 09:13 AM, Tom Reese wrote:

I haven't been able to determine if the pentax close-up lenses are single
element or multiple element like the ones Nikon made (makes?). If they're
single element are they really any better than the generic diopters?

Thanks.

IIRC, a few of the Pentax CU lenses for the 67 are 2-element lenses but none of the 35mm ones are (I have one and it's crap). Nikon makes great 2-element CU lenses and they are dirt cheap even when you figure in the cost of a step-up/step-down ring.

Greg Erker has a page on 2-element CU lenses— google his name and you'll find his site.

Dan Scott