----- Original Message -----
From: "mike wilson"
Subject: Not quite OT: Kodak colour IR film & Zenitar lens

> Hi,
>
> I have some Kodak Colour IR film and a Zenitar lens.  Does anyone know
> if the yellow filter supplied with the lens is similar to the
> recommended Wratten 12 (yellow) filter?  Or is there a Cokin type
> equivalent, for my other lenses?

The Zenitar yellow filter should be close enough to a Wratten #12 for it to
not matter.

> Any possibilities of "invisible flash" type photography with this film,
> as is possible with the HIR B&W?

Hard to say. It is actually an extended red film, and doesn't have a heck of
a lot of IR speed. Really wonky curves actually. If you are going to try, I
would recommend getting an 850nm cut filter for the flash, as that is where
the cyan layer sensitivity falls into the sewer.

William Robb