Mark Roberts wrote:

What I'm most interested in is a way of automatically populating fields
in the "Individual prints" table with information from the "film rolls"
table after I enter the film roll # in a form.

It sounds like you're trying to make an un-normalized data base here. Access is relational, and you should therefore never have to duplicate data. Tie the two tables together with a unique key.

I'm also looking for a simpler way of embedding the thumbnails: Right
now I have to right-click on the thumbnail window in the form, select
"insert object", choose "bitmap Image", navigate to the directory where
the thumbnail is stored, etc.

Don't know a thing about this.