Paul Delcour:

I'd love to have railroad as a theme being a mad train lover myself, though,
whenever I take pictures of trains myself I am never happy with the result.
Somnehow I do not seem to have the feel for how to put them in the frame
properly. O well, I'll just enjoy the real thing.

What makes you unhappy with the results?

I find that railroads are a bit tricky to take pictures of, since both cars and tracks are so very, very big. You can't back off to get a bigger picture since then you'll get unwanted objects in the foreground, often hiding the main thing, and if you use wide angle the perspective gets distorded and straight lines get inclined in a bad way.

Here are some of my railroad pictures, feel free to comment. (The captions are in Swedish, but they mostly tell the names of places, and you'll get the picture anyway :-)

Steam engine excursion on a Stockholm commuter railway.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/alok-saltsj-1999

Steam engine excursion on another Stockholm commuter railway.
http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/alok-nyn-2001
On picture 25 and 26 I drive the steam engine myself! Unfortunately the film wind lever on my newly bought used ProgramA jammed, so they are double exposed, and looks quite strange, but nevertheless...

A mile long museum track, all what's left of the railways on Gotland island.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/dalhem-2002

Sweden's longest museum railway, a 20 mile/33 km narrow gauge track.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/lennakatten-2002

Steam engine excursion on a cargo track in Stockholm.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/alok-vartan-2002

Abandoned railroad cars and tracks in a Stockholm industrial park.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/liljeholmen-1996

Delivery of a newly built subway car from the factory.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/C20-lil

Building of a new tramline in Stockholm's southern suburbs.
Delivery of a newly built subway car from the factory.
  http://anders.hultman.nu/album/al/C20-gup

anders
http://anders.hultman.nu/