Hi, Paul,

Well, I don't have an F, but I've got several Spotties.

I think I'd love the open-aperture metering (although I"ve gotten quite used to
stop-down
metering on the SP's), but what I don't like is the fact that the meter comes one as
soon as the
lens cap comes off.

So, if you walk around with the cap off, ready as always for that great photo op,
you're using
batteries!  Plus, if you leave the cap off when you get home, you're draining the
batteries as
well.

For those reasons, I think I'd prefer an SPII.  That way you still get the hotshoe.

Dave, I think Paul's pretty bang on as far as pricing (converting to Canadian dollars).
Somewhere around $150 to $160 seems about right for a chrome body.  Double that for
black (but
theyr'e so beautiful!).

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it
is true."