Shot wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Today one of my friends offered to sell me a flash - it's Achiever
> 630AF (with added below "for Pentax Z10"). His friend is selling one
> and he was asking if I'm interested. This flash has a GN of 30 and AF
> beam.
>
> Does anybody have any info about this flash?
>
> Is $50 about right price for one?

Hi,
I've got one too, and it's a good flash unit. But I got mine on ebay for
$40, I think.

Also, I liked mine so much, I bid on another one, and got it for $45.
When it got to me, it was DOA. I knew the seller, and knew he hadn't
sold me a broken one. Anyway, I got my money back. About 3 months later,
another 630 AF appeared on Ebay. I bid on it and got it. $39 for this
one. And believe it or not, this one got to me dead too! (different
seller). I had a bit of trouble getting my money back on the second one,
but eventually, I had a refund.

These two episodes led me to conclude: Though it's a fine unit, it
apparently has some fragile electronics. Even though my original unit
has not given me any trouble, my experience is enough to give me pause
about having one shipped to me. Perhaps you can get yours without
subjecting it to the rigors of a shipping co. like UPS or USPS.

Good luck. But I do think $50 is just a tiny bit too much.

Sid