Collin R Brendemuehl wrote:

> Talked to Cord sales today.
> They're chomping at the bit for it.
> They know it'll kill the 10D, istD, & D100
> but they don't care.
[etc]

A colleague of mine recently spent a week in China on business.  While
stopping over in Singapore he went looking for a Nikon DSLR (D100, I
think) to replace/augment his F4.

Apparently his timing was bad... there had just been a photographic show
on and all of Singapore was sold out of that model.  Plenty of Canon
stuff around though, they seemed to be pushing the brand quite strongly
there (presumably related to the 300D).

It was lucky for me as that meant he was under the GST limit when
returning home with my new Palm (Zire 71), so I saved about NZ$70.  For
some stupid reason I had decided to give it to the mrs as an early
birthday present, to help with her genealogical research.  Now I want one
for myself :(

But I guess I can now say that we own a digital camera, even though it is
only 640x480...

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/