I knew I shoulda stayed out of this!  Yeah, I realised it was a complex
issue - although I never thought through just how complex!

I'm gonna defer on this one if I may - it has been interesting so far
but I don't wanna debate it to death.  You certainly have some valid
points, although if I wanted to be pedantic and wanted to carry on the
debate then I could pick on some of the idividual examples you make -
that doesn't change the validity of the general principle you point out.
I guess the problem is that the definition of sale depends on whether
you are talking from a right of ownership, tax or whatever other point
of view.

All this doesn't change the fact that Bruce actually agreed to a clear
definition of what the bet meant by 'for sale'.

Rob

BTW: at least one ist-D has been sold outside of Japan - I can
personally vouch for that!  It was one of 2 bought from a shop in Japan
a few days ago... ha