From: Bob Blakely [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 4:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Lens resolution

wrong!

You must have at least *two* black lines separated by white space or at
least two white lines separated by a black space. The edge of resolution is
defined as the boundary distance where the two lines can just (almost) be
discerned as separate vs. one line or where the two lines just (almost)
merge to one line or where a series of equally spaced & sized black lines
and white spaces merge to 50% gray without spatial ripple. It's the same
number and it's not the same as the MTF or Modulation Transfer Function. It
is only one point on the function.