Todd Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Nice find.  If the meter works you really got a good deal.  As for the lens
> I believe it's the same optically as the SMC Tak, K and M series F1.4 lens,
> except there is no SMC of course.  It's an excellent performer.  Enjoy!
>
> BTW, where did you pick up this camera?  Pawn shop?
>
> Todd

Hi Todd,
I've checked the meter with an old 1,5 volts battery - of the wrong type,
reverse mounted - that showed 1,3 volts remaining. I put the battery in the
compartment and hold the cap with a finger to allow the contact. It could
sound absurd but it works! The meter worked in the wrong way, of course (it
indicated the overexposure by pointing at the minus sign and vice versa) but
it should work fine if my little experiment didn't damage anything. :)
No pawn shop. There are some streets in Naples where a kind of "pavement
market" takes place. There are Chinese, Polish and sometimes Italian people
that sell various kind of stuff, i.e. cheap clothes, watches, fhishing rods
and so on. And, of course, used cameras and lenses; especially from Russia,
but there are often japanese cheap lenses. This Spotmatic comes from a guy I
know that has its own place in one of those streets (from the same guy I
bought a Zenitar 16mm fisheye in K mount years ago and last year a K-1000 with
a broken hotshoe, plus its 50/2,  for 65 US$).

Gianfranco