>> it shouldn't be too tough to fix if what Alan Chan says about the dirty
contact is true. <<

I sure hope that's the case.  My self timer ceased functioning many years ago
on my Super Program of nearly 18 years vintage.  I also had the film counter
fail to reset when the camera was new but got that repaired under warranty.
The self timer problem only showed up well after the warranty period was over.

I just took the camera in for it's first ever CLA and asked if they could look
at the timer switch.  I figured it's just an electrical contact which perhaps
is not making contact.  Let's see if that pans out.

My package consists of the Super Program, MotorDrive-A, A50/1.7, A70-210/4 and
AF280T.  I have M lenses (28/3.5 and 135/3.5) plus a K 45-125/4 (still one of
my favorite lenses).  Just sold my A50/2.8 Macro, K24/2.8 and Kiron 80-200/4 on
eBay recently.  Hoping to pick up an M200/4 soon.

Regards,
Steve S.
--
http://people.mn.mediaone.net/sscott2