Frank asked:
> Anyone else in the
> projected path of the storm?

Baltimore is expecting a drenching (something like
15cm?) and dangerous winds, but I don't think the
eye is supposed to pass too close.  IIRC, the
transition between "hurricane warning" and "tropical
storm warning" is just south of Baltimore.  Then
again, I'm supposed to go down to Arlington later
today, and the last time I looked at the predicted
path, that looked kind of close.  (We're keeping
plans flexible, just in case.)

Wherever I go, I gotta take some cameras and lots
of film, of course.  In the meantime I'm trying to
make the house as ready as I can (including putting
big buckets under the leaky spots of the 3rd floor
ceiling).

I'm expecting more inconvenience (and if I'm unlucky,
expense) than danger.  But I don't plan on driving
through water flowing across the road, or travelling
to southern MD, either.

Yesterday the Longship Company sank their Viking
longship at the dock, figuring it'll be safer on
the bottom and they can raise it again on the
weekend.  Gonna be a lot of bailing, but apparently
it's a traditional Viking method of coping with
dangerous weather.  (I'm told they often sank
their boats for the winter and raised them again
when the ice melted.)

                                        -- Glenn