Bill Owens a écrit:

At 07:56 PM 9/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Bill Owens said:

IIRC the *ist D and ZX-L use the same remote cable, which is different

from

those for the MZ-S and which is different from the other ZX

series. IOW, if

you have a ZX-5n, MZ-S and *ist series, you will need three different
cables.  The dumbest move I've seen Pentax make.

Does this mean that the Pz-1p, MZ-S, and *ist-D would all need different cables?

REPLY...

That's my understanding.  The remote cable I had for a ZX-5n would not work
with my MZ-Z.  The cable I have now does not work with my wife's ZX-L.  The
ZX-L and both *ist models supposedly share the same cable.

To be honest, I've more or less quit using cables, and use use the 2 second pre-fire instead. But if one shoots a lot of time critical things (even portraits) that wouldn't work.

REPLY...

I like using the cable with trap focus for wildlife photos
Photography:
Only the connector differ, the electric shema is the same for all Zxx, MZxx, ZXxx, *istxx bodies.
For manies bodies, you can also use 2s timer or infra-red remote control; but no trap-focus.
Michel