Hi Larry,

In my most humble opinion, if you got a good, working, great looking MX
AND winder for $70, you got an excellent deal...
I have lovely MX myself, and I wouldn't part with it for $200!  Even for
the body only!  Nossir!  Never!
Mine is within the 9,173,xxx serial number range, too.

That camera and my two MGs will go to the grave with me!
And probably still be working just fine!

Love those cameras!

Enjoy your purchase. You did well.

keith whaley

Larry Levy wrote:

> Thanks everyone. I'm now the proud owner of a working MX and MX winder. The
> '76' batteries worked just fine and the readings look reasonable.
> Unfortunately, I didn't get Alan's very helpful comments until I had already
> forked over my $70 for the camera and manual. I checked the all the stuff
> you mentioned and it looked reasonably within where a 20+ year old camera
> (it's the older 9 serial number with metal memo holder). I've got 30 days to
> be satisfied and next weekend should prove interesting.
>
> I appreciate the helpful comments.
>
> Larry

[. . .]