Hi,

Saturday, September 27, 2003, 7:39:34 AM, you wrote:

> Hi everybody,

> the prices are dropping for used Carl Zeiss lenses for Contax/Yashica
> bayonet mount. Some of these lenses do have no Pentax equivalents which
> makes them rather interesting to me, e.g. the Planars 100/f2 and 135/f2
> or the Distagons 18/f4, 35/f1.4. Thus I have one question: Can the mount
> of such Zeiss bayonet mount lens be modified in such a way that such
> lens can be applied to k-mount cameras like the LX (without using an
> adapter that increases the distance from lens to body)?

> Any help wuld be appriciated!

Rob Studdert, Shel and I had a discussion along similar lines a couple of
years ago, although I don't think we came to any conclusions. One thing we
did consider was doing it the other way round. Instead of butchering
the very expensive Carl Zeiss lenses, butcher a cheap Pentax body,
like an MG or similar, and fit the lens to that. If it works then do
the same thing to the body of your preference, such as an LX.

That doesn't address what you're talking about, because you wouldn't
be able to use the Pentax lenses on the Pentax body, but the CZ lenses
are really superb, and would be a good match for a camera like the LX.
Contax don't have anything like it, as far as I know.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]