From: Kostas Kavoussanakis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 26 September 2003 5:06 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Fill flash with MZ-6

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Simon King wrote:

> It may seem like a silly question, but can the MZ-6/ZX-L do daylight fill
> flash with its built in flash? If so, how?
> I almost always use an external flash and so have only just thought of
this
> after owning the camera for over a year.
> The instructions are, as usual, pretty useless.

I would say "uncharacteristically", as the technique is described in
the MZ-50 and MZ-5n manuals at least. In these cameras, all you do is
pop the flash and shoot, ensuring that the flash A mode is *off*, if
you are shooting in P mode. The other thing you can do (perhaps
slightly different) is take a reading of the background, put the
camera in Manual mode and set the same combination, then pop the flash
and shoot; the manuals think that the exposure of the foreground will
be correct too.

Why not try it with the MZ-6?

Kostas