Hmmm, very over exposed, I wonder what they are thinking, it doesn\t look like that at
all when you stand there in the middle of the night.

By the way, here an interesting page including a "How to photograph auroras" for
dummies and the results of a photo contest with some really great pictures:
http://www.northern-lights.no/
(Photo contest is on Norwegian flag in the upper left corner.)

And here's a guy specializing in aurora photo's:
http://www.nordlysfoto.no/

DagT