John Francis wrote:

> Marnie aka Doe ;-) Also William Robb said the 50mm looked "close," ergo
that
> would not be a 50mm but an 75 or 80 or 85mm or something.

No - it would be a 50mm.  But it would be cropped to roughly the same field of
view as a 75mm on an MX (or a 150mm on a 6x7, or ...)

Right. I misworded it. It's still a 50mm lens. Good explanation, btw, overall.

I think she's got it!

Well, once gray wolf says I have got it on my last post re normal vision
lenses.

Then I'd sort of like it if everyone on the list could go, "By Graywolf,
she's got it!"

Marnie aka Doe  "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the film plane..." ;-)