Ah, but what electronic circuits are you talking about keeping energized all
the time? I doubt anything is energized in the ZX-M except the LCD (which
probably draws as much power as a digital watch), because the meter on the
body does not come on until the shutter is pressed half way down...
What other circuits are there? I doubt that the winder motor is activated
either; at least not until the shutter is fired. (Why would it be?)
Would good shutter readiness require a constantly energized circuit when the
camera is set to "on"?
(And if so, isn't that just the very reason to leave the camera "on"? And
how much power would this draw? -I'm asking here, not being contentious..,)

I've left the ZX-M on (accidentally) for days at a time in my camera bag,
and it's been up for 3-4 months now with no ill effects.
But of course it has no flash, and I use the FG 4/AA's battery pack, so
those things have to be considered also. But I would bet that this camera's
power, with its switch left on, should easily last as long as a single AA
battery powered clock on a wall...
Anyway, I'm not really talking about keeping the switch on ALL the time!
(Keeping it on in the bag was a mistake, of course...) But if I were at a
sporting event, say a basketball game I was shooting, I most certainly would
keep the camera on constantly whilst it was hanging around my neck!
(And would probably miss my best shot anyway, while changing rolls...)
Skip