I have primes covering 20 to 200mm, fairly well spaced out.
20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 100, 135 and 200 to be exact.  Most
are Pentax.  About the only lens I might add is a fast 85,
but not right now.

I currently own an A 35-70 f4 and a Sigma APO 70-300.
The Sigma is too big and bulky to consider the two
a viable pair.  I look at the Sigma as a zoo and sports
lens, not a carry-around.

So, looking at the A 35-70 as a starter, I'm considering:

The M 24-35 f3.5 to supplement the low end, and
the M 75-150 f4 to supplement the high end.

I'd have a 3 zoom kit, all constant aperature
(useful because I use fully manual bodies often).

Mind you, I don't want the bulk of the fast zooms.
Also, I think I can live without a 200mm top end.
I'm envisioning a 3 zoom kit for casual photography here.
I could always lug the Sigma along if I needed reach.

As I recall, those who own the M 75-150 seem pleased with
it; I can't recall much discussion about the M 24-35.

Any caveats or problems or gotchas with the two M's I'm
thinking about?  Comments?  Alternatives?