I hate you. ;)

At 09:48 PM 10/3/03 -0400, you wrote:
I gotta say it was a good day -

Looked at the mail and found the current edition of American Entomologist, sporting one of my monarch shots on the cover. This is my second cover shot with them this year, after I sent them several photos last winter. It was a bit of a surprise, but a nice one:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/ae.jpg

This evening I went to the photography competition into which I had entered my first pano try. Both of my shots were juried into the show. The pano did not win an award, but my non-pano took first place. That was this shot:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/k_river.jpg

People spent more time looking at the pano than the other shot - I think there is a gimmick effect going on there. Though another photographer from Saugatuck entered three panos (printed on the 4 inch Epson roll paper) that looked pretty good.

I got a modest cash prize and spent some time hanging out with folks from all the local green groups who were sponsoring the exhibit.

I gotta say it was a good day...

(that song has been buzzing in my head the last few hours.)

- MCC

----- Mark Cassino Kalamazoo, MI -----

Photography:

http://www.markcassino.com

I drink to make other people interesting.
-- George Jean Nathan