Destruction of Buddah's in Afghanistan; send your e-mail to the Afghanistan
Government at:

http://www.afghangovernment.org/

Amazing pictures at photo journalist's site:

http://www.ciriello.com/

I sent the Afghanis this message:

   I find the Taliban's destruction of world cultural heritage sculptures to
be absolutely deplorable. These are great works of art created for all of
humanity; your government's short-sighted paranoid delusions are a crime
against humanity, and one for which the Taliban and, unfortunately, the
Afghan peoples will pay a high price for, in their future dealings with the
international community. These destructive acts only show that Afghanistan
is one of the most backwards countries in the world, ruled by two-bit tinpot
dictatorial imbeciles, where human rights abuses are combined with gross
anti-cultural destruction of world heritage sites. I am sure Mohammed would
not have approved, and would be equally horrified at your monstrous lack of
human dignity and compassion. If you think Buddah is a threat to you, wait
till you try to buy anything from outside your country. And tourism, as
promoted on this website; get a grip! You would have to be an even bigger
idiot than the Taliban to travel to your country!

    I am not a religious man, but a strongly moral one; I am a photographer,
and love to travel to other countries to photograph nature and wonderful
works of art like the ones you just destroyed. I will never visit your
country, or purchase anything from your country, and will warn everyone I
meet about it. Your people can only hope that your government will soon meet
the same fate as the priceless statues they have destroyed for humankind for
eternity.  Idiots!

Sincerely,
Cameron R. Hood
B.Mus., B.Ed., A.A., B.C.R.M.T.