On 4/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>I would think that there would be no quality loss in this situation.  You
>are not opening and resaving the file, simply transferring from one place to
>another.  My understanding is that you only start losing quality when you
>open, edit, then resave the file.

I open the camera original large/fine jpeg in Photoshop and save as a
Photoshop file. Then I optimise the Photoshop file (without resizing) and
save that (eventually to CD again). The original gets archived onto CD,
and so does the optimised PS file. Only about 10 to 20 % get optimised. I
print from re-sized optimised files. Been doing it from the start and it
works for me.

They print up great to A4 and A3 (11X8 and 16X11).

If someone was paying me I would shoot RAW, but they are not :-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk