My (second) Tokina AT-X AF Pro 28-80 f2.8 is a superbly sharp lens. It's only problem is that, because of its bulk, I have lost the use of my pop-up flash when this lens is on.

Tamron has come out with a new 28-75 f2.8 that has been quite well reviewed. It, too, is apparently very sharp. It is also much smaller than other lenses in this class. So I am wondering if I could use my pop-up flash with it.

Does someone know how to calculate whether the coverage of the pop-up flash on a PZ-1p would be blocked by a lens of specific dimensions?

Thanks,

Joe