Hi,

this obviously depends on condition and on the local market. Here in
the UK they generally sell for upwards of £350-. The cheapest I ever
saw was £250-, but the condition was so poor that I wouldn't have even
considered it.

I used to own 3, and the most I paid was slightly over £450-. You have
to factor into the purchase the probable need for a sticky mirror
repair. Apart from my first LX, which I bought before I was aware of
the problem, I was able to get mine repaired under warranty at no
extra cost. It follows from this that you should buy very cheap, or
buy from a dealer who provides a warranty. In the UK the warranty
period is usually 6 months, which gives you plenty of time for sticky
mirror to develop. Because of this I would not buy privately unless it
was very cheap or I absolutely knew for 100% certain that the camera was
not going to develop sticky mirror within 10 years or so.

Of course, you could also undertake any repairs yourself, which
Valentin did extremely well (I've seen the results of his work). I
believe he posted the details somewhere on the net, but I don't have
the url.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]