On Friday, Oct 10, 2003, at 09:27 America/New_York, Mark Stringer wrote:

Since Kodak has been changing emulsions and packaging lately, and announcing a shift into digital, printers etc away from film products, what company do you think will have a long term commitment and consistency to their film products (especially B&W)?

I am a TMax TriX user but I am really beginning to shoot a lot more film. Maybe I should be shooting Ilford as a standard for me so that I can get my best results by knowing a film very well without it being changed.

Since Kodak is reducing or ending investment in film r&d, it makes sense that they'd stop changing their film emulsions. I doubt if they would change TriX again. In any case, how many times have they changed it in the past?

--jc