Hi,

Having been given the manual specifications to set up my account because
the setup software kept going kaput, I thought all would be well.

Foolish boy. (copyright Capt. Mainwaring)

We have now received our first bill and it is nearly twice the amount
agreed.  Of course, nobody that we speak to knows anything about any
other agreement.  Amusingly, the only contractual paperwork we were
given specifies a price cheaper than the one we agreed.  Talking to one
of the poor sods who works for this organisation (that term is used
loosely) it appears that we have been billed for our internet on the
phone bill and we should have received an e-bill - except that, when you
check the website, it says that e-bills are not available in our area.
I am beginning to agree wholeheartedly with the guy who wrote that
anonymous rant.

If anyone is contemplating this "service" - DON'T DO IT!  I would have
to dislike someone more than slightly to inflict this upon them.  It is
my strongest recommendation that you avoid NTL as you would someone with
bubonic plague.  It is a corporate disaster.

mike