Ok now I got it installed -

Much more similar to other photoshop versions than
to photo deluxe  which I've been
sailing through for months - couple of things I
can't find after a few tries in the help menu -

(1) can't find the tool for adding a boarder.  In
photo deluxe it was under the effects
menu.  to solve that, I opened the file in photo
deluxe after having scanned it into
elements and added the border.  Saved that file as
jpg and tif and it is still there as pdd

(2) Is there no text window?

(3) I used the neat file info tool - that was easy
to do, but it appears one has to
 put it in for each type of file one saves to. and
it wasn't immediately apparent how
 one reads it later.

(4) I took the tif and loaded into publisher for a
page on my calendar - it printed
beautifully, but when I am viewing the image in
publisher it looked the way a file
on the web looks when it is dithered and not fully
clear -  or how it looks when
one zooms in  in an image editing program.  This
didn't happen with files I created
in Deluxe 4.0 -

annsan feeling technologically challenged