Dont check them!! The X-ray machines used in the baggage handling area are *MUCH* more powerful, and will fog your film big time. Its better to go through the walk through. If you carry them separate, they usually will give you the courtesy of not passing them through the smaller X-ray machine.

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
Hi folks,

I am on holiday in Greece and have shot 2 Kodak T-MAX 400 (@800, if it
makes any difference). I would like to develop them in my favourite lab
(Ilfords in the UK) but I am worried about X-ray machines and
metal-detector arches etc.

Do you see any problem? Would you fly with them back to your origin?
Where would you put them, in the x-ray machine for hand-luggage, in
your pocket through the arch, or in the luggage you kiss goodbye
(perhaps forever) at the check-in desk? Or would you post them home?

Perhaps too worried but thought to ask,
Kostas