Interesting camera.  I have the Canon VI-T model that uses the old screw
mount Leica lenses.  The camera had the trigger shutter tensioner, which is
fast.  You could also use a top winder knob to advance film.
Some time ago, speculation appeared in the old pdml about Pentax producing a
rangefinder camera that would have utilized M-type lenses.  Had that been
true, I would have sold my LX to get one.
I started with a rangefinder "brick", the Argus C-3.  I graduated up to a
Pentax H-3 but never forgot my roots.  Eventually I got an M-2 Leica that I
use for candids at weddings.
Jim A.