I don't think anyone should get rid of there film cameras unless digital
offers them some advantage, either in terms of workflow or cost.  Bu
there is not question that the industry is shifting toward digital, and
that will affect the advent of new film cameras and film.  Kodak has
bluntly announced that it is cutting back drastically on the money it
invests in film.  The very innovations you cite below may be threatened
by this shift in R&D money.  I think you will be able to purchase film
for a long time to come, but the selection may narrow.  The most
important part, however, is that I think the range of NEW high end film
cameras will narrow considerably.  I'm not going to hold my breathe
waiting for that new Pentax film flagship.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450