>At the weekend I was inspired by the wonderful autumn colours and wanted
>to do something about it. Last year I roamed Stowe House gardens in Bucks
>and did your usual landscapes of trees dripping with golden cover. This
>year I collected a couple of dozen leaves and selected 5 for
>photographing. I put each one in a glass sandwich with a sheet of white
>paper behind and backlit with a 650w Pulsar, shot using a macro. Later I
>arranged the 5 into a pattern and lost the background entirely so the
>leaves are sitting in white space. Printed large, with one big leaf in
>the middle surrounded by 4 others in various states of decay and
>associated colour, printed large - I was pleased at how I have managed
>after all this time to get the colour right. I can't fault it.
>
>Just proofreading all that, why don't I just post the jpeg! Late now but
>will sort it soon.

Sorted:

http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/mods/spare.html

In the print, the middle leaf is life-size and 8 inches across.

Quote from Larry Niven's 'Ringworld':

Speaker-to-animals (a Kzinti warrior: big, cat-like) pouring scorn on
Nessus (a Pierson's Puppeteer: a peaceful intelligent alien, a herbivore):

"What intelligence does it take to sneak up on a leaf ?"

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk