OMG!  A dear friend dragged her boyfriend up north (relative
to NC, that is) to meet a bunch of her older friends, and my
house was one of the stops, and we got to camera geeking, and
suddenly I've got a 4x5 camera in my hands!  Until he needs
it back, which is probably going to be a couple months from
now (but he might lend me an 8x10 at that time, depending on
which gear he expects to need after that).

It's a wooden folder with enough movements to keep me busy
learning how to use, and a wide-angle lens on it.  I figure
I'll wander around for a week or so just learning the movements
and not planning to expose any film (but will carry film with
me just in case something jumps in front of me that Needs To
Be Photographed).

I'm excited.

I'll try to get around to saying something useful about
lovely M42 lenses later for the person who asked about
those, after my brain stops shouting "Look! A 4x5 camera!" at me.

I've got four film holders containing eight sheets of HP5+,
and need to come up with a way to pay for developing.  Wheeee!

                                        -- Glenn