On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:14:00 -0500, you wrote:

>But I bought a Pentax auto 110 outfit on ebay. I couldn't resist.

I bought an Auto 110 set about four years ago. I'm going to take some
photos with it soon... maybe not this year, but soon.

I tried to sell it once, but my wife protested:

"It's so cute" she said, "you can't sell that - I love it."

So a couple of weeks later, I got a real deal at a garage sale. Auto
110 with lens, winder, flash and case for ten bucks.

Now we have *two* Auto 110 cameras that don't get used, but are too
cute to sell. They are like distant friends - seen only on rare
occasions, but never completely forgotten.

Every time I really want new gear, I just haul out the Auto 110.
Pretty soon my wife wanders over and takes it from me. She fondles it
with care, puts the tiny lens caps off and on, focuses on the dog, dry
fires the shutter, and generally has a great time.

It's like playing with dolls, Pentax style. Takes her back to her
happy childhood. Within minutes, the Auto 110 sends her into a Pentax
rapture.

... and I am well on my way to being enabled.

Just waving an Auto 110 in the air enabled me to buy that LX
yesterday.

Why? Because I'm so cute, I deserve a fine Pentax LX.

Just ask my wife, who loves all things Pentax, including her Pentax
husband, and her Pentax Olympus Stylus.

(Shhh... don't tell her the Stylus is not a Pentax - it would break
her heart.)
--
Happy Trails,
Texdance