It's called leasing.
It's how many small-scale pro studio photographers obtain the $11,000
Kodak back for their Mamiya and how commercial LF digital photogrpahers
obtain the $30K-ish digital backs for their 4x5s.
Some borrow the money, to be certain.  Credit cards get filled quickly.
But leasing, in some situations, allows for easier upgrading later.
Just set the lease for 3 years and then lease the newer equipment @ the
end of the current one.

CRB