On 2/11/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

> 1. Geared column?
> 2. Loose column? Can all loose columns (or whatever it is called) be
reversed?
> 3. Quick release (not sure if all brand quick release are equal)?
> 4. Pick up some height on extended column? (Or is extended column a bad
idea)?

> Cheap as possible (under $70) and as light as possible.
>
> I am kind of tripod clueless here. Any input welcome.
>
> Marnie aka Doe

When I was looking for a tripod, I figured that it would have to reach
nice and tall (I'm 6'5") but that might mean too heavy, or a bit shorter
and I'd use a 90 degree finder. I chose the latter. I got a Manfrotto
190, a decent-sized ballhead, quick releases and I'm very happy with it -
I carry it like a walking stick and can go all day with it.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk