I've just got myself a nice new A3+ photo printer, so I no longer
really need my old HP PhotoSmart.  It's the original C3804A unit;
large (around 18" wide by 15" deep, plus another 6"+ needed when
the printer is in use), and produces 300ppi 8x10 prints on 8.5x11
paper - it can't do borderless printing.
[It can also handle 6x4 media, but I really can't recommend that;
the paper transport mechanism sometimes skews small media slightly].

HP appear to offer drivers for Windows 95/98/NT4/XP (but not 2000).
I'm currently using it on NT4.0, and first used it on NT3.51

An 8x10 print costs around $2.00 to $2.50, split pretty evenly
between best-quality photo paper and ink.  That's assuming you do
enough printing to use up the cartridges - like all inkjets they
can dry out if not used for a while.  There are two cartridges;
the standard CMY, and a Light Cyan/Light Magenta/Black. These
run something like $30 each in Office Depot & suchlike stores
(although I'm sure you can do better online), and I've generally
found them to be good for something like 40-50 8x10s, IIRC.
This is a photo printer only; it's not suitable for use as a
general-purpose printer.  And it's slow; a few minutes for each
print, plus additional drying time (which can be cancelled)
before it will start the next print.  The inks aren't waterproof,
either; don't get the prints wet!  I don't know what the life of
a print is, but I've got five-year-old prints up on my wall in
frames (behind glass), and others in three-ring-binders, with
no apparent signs of fading.

Free to a good home (although offers of Pentax K-mount equipment
in trade would not be refused :-), with preference given to those
able to pick the printer up in San Jose, CA;  although I'm sure
I've still got the original box, I'd rather not deal with the
extra aggravation of shipping it.  That probably wouldn't be
cheap, either - it's no lightweight.

If nobody local wants it I'll find out how much shipping would be.