Hi all,

I picked up my new glasses today (the old ones broke so I had my eyes re-
tested).  I opted for the multicoated glass but unfortunately SMC was not
available - the choice was simply "coated or not coated".  I don't know
which process it is.  My old glasses were uncoated and I've noticed a
huge difference in clarity and lack of glare.

Due to the relative fragility of the coating I'm going to have to get
contact lenses for photographing as my viewfinders (especially the all-
metal 67 TTL prism) will probably scratch the coating in no time.
Despite the additional expense I consider this to be a good thing as I
was getting fed up with looking through a viewfinder with glasses on.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/