Hi Marnie,

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 01:12:49 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've been think about getting a Zenitar fish eye (16mm). [...]
> Complete waste of time or not?

I have one and I've been very happy with the prints I get from it.  It
does have a lot of distortion, but it's a fisheye so I expected that.
Actually, some shots it's not really noticable and others it definitely
is.  Often I use it to get _really_ close to large (non-macro)
subjects.  Even at half a foot distance it still covers a lot of scene.
 My big problem has been keeping my feet and knuckles out of the shots.
 Finish is not exceptional but it seems robust as a tank.  If you get
it "direct" you can save some money.  It's been in the Sovietsky
catalog for almost $200 but I got mine, new, a couple of years ago from
ebay user "kievcamera" for around $125.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ