From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Let's talk MV for a bit... (off-topic question)
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 01:52:58 EST

>Could someone please, off-list is necessary, explain me the fine
difference between "like" and "love"? I can look up the dictionary,
but I want to know the real life details. This is serious request.

>Thanks in advance.

>Boris.

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

BTW - I've been posting so many messages lately because I've been online a
lot tracking stuff on ebay. Not just cameras.

Love is stronger than like. But basically the distinction is, with love you
can't logically explain why you like something so MUCH. You know your
attachment is sort of irrational or non-rational, because if someone were to pin you
down why you like something so MUCH, you could give a long list of reasons and
that STILL wouldn't explain it. And you know it. So the liking, the feeling of
fondness, the love, goes beyond logic.

With like, hey, you CAN create a list to say why you like something. No
nonrational part involved. And/so, probably because of that, the feeling of
fondness is less.

When it comes to camera equipment, maybe the camera feels good to you.
Something sort of intangible, that you know you can't really, really explain. Not if
you talked until you were blue in the face.

I haven't found a camera like that yet. But I suspect it's possible.

I certainly have found other things like that. (Speaking of inanimate
objects, or non-people objects -- I love some old classic TV shows and movies, etc.,
for instance.)

Does that help?

Marnie aka Doe When I was a child, my grandmother quite seriously told me
you can't love *something* (as in I love pizza), you can only love people. So
it also really does depend how you define love. But most people aren't that
strict about the word, and saying one loves something is pretty common parlance
(in this day and age -- sorry, long gone grandma).

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca