Hi gang.
Well we managed to get 4 of the 7 together Saturday at C'est What Micro brewery from
about
1-5 pm.
Just the standard pub pictures taken,but i did manage a few church shots on the walk to
the pub with
the 6x7.Boy people look at you funny when you hoist that puppy to eye level and look at
hand
meters.lol
David C-S had his new EOS 3,Jeff had his new Bronica RF645(more later),Frank had his MX
and LX with
gasp a zoom on it,:) and i rounded it out with 6x7 and new PZ-1.
Jeff brought several rolls of chromes from the 645 and David brought his portable light
tablet(wnat one)
and we had a slide show.lol Group overly indoresed the 645 as a sharp camera and the
E100VS was a
clear favorite.Astia a VERY close 2nd.

Now to the test. I brought down several pictures to show everyone. One supplied by
William
Robb from
the *istD,one from my D1,one from Bill Owens Optio S, and two from Wendy's Canon
10D(or is
it the
D30,i forgot)
PLEASE KEEP IN MINED ONLY THE SETTINGS ON THE D1 ARE A KNOWN THING:
Test was conducted under these settings:
-In a bar
-had beer before food
-table lights only
-we are in a basement
Results.
1-Everyone was blown away by Bills ballon shot.They could not beleive it was from the
Optio S and
Epson 925 printer.
2-Comparing the starkist against the D1(both 8x10's printed at 75%sharp 0.3 pixels,0
threshold,the D1
was sharper.Again i do not know Bills camera settings.
3-The Canon shots were just as good as the D1 shots and David C-S could not believe
they
were
printed on a $400(canadian) dye sub printer.
Result of test.We are just as confused as before.<vbg>

Jeff Frank and I stopped in at Downtown Camera after and Jeff looked at several digital
cameras.He
liked the Oly best,but in all fairness did not give the *istD a goodwork out. The
salesman
brought out a
16x20 print from the D100.Very nice.Clear and good colours.It is my understanding the
sensor is the
same in the D100 and *istD,so the potential is there folks.

DP Review had side by side comparisons for D100 *ist and on eof the Canons,showing
zoomed
in parts
of pictures taken to show sharpness or lack of and other things. I was a bit turned
off on
both cameras
after reading it,but seeing that enlargement opened my eyes.

Now the ? is:add the starkist to the bag,wait and up grade the D1 to D2H or wait for
satelite images to
get beter <vbg>

Well that was our day.Jeff took some pictures of all the new toys we have and will fwd
them soon.

Thanks for reading,but i thought our little test and observations on the digital might
be
helpfull.
Once in a while i feel i should contribute SOMETHING.lol

Dave