Have seen statements suggesting NiMh batteries lose 1%-2% of their charge a day. Can't remember how good the source was. Maybe someone else has more accurate numbers.

Otis Wright

Bill Owens wrote:

I saw those advertised, but my local store only had the 1-hour chargers.
Still, I reckoned that was probably good enough; I can recharge a set of
batteries while I'm out using up the first set.

What's the capacity of the 15-minute cells? I've got mostly 1800 mAh for
my one-hours, although I've also got several 1600s lying around for the
cordless phones, wireless mousen, etc.

The 15 minute cells are 2000 mAh. I also have some cell ranging from 1500-1800 mAh that I use in either the 1 hour charger, or the Pentax charger (which only does slow charges). It's interesting that with the 15 minute cells, a cooling fan runs in the charger. With any other cells, it's a 7-8 hour charge with no cooling fan running. Evidently there's something in the 15 minute cells that the charger "reads" to turn on the fan

Does anyone know how long charged NiMh cells can be stored in a charged
state before  they discharge enough to require a recharge?

At present I still carry regular disposable batteries as well for use in
the FTZ500 (and the MZ-S battery grip). If I could find the documentation
I'd see if I can use NiMh rechargeables there, too - does anybody know?

I don't know about the BG-10 grip, but I do use NiMh in the 360FGZ

Bill