>This is not an improvement. I understand that Kodak must transition to
digital along with everyone else, but some parts of that transition may
be going to quickly. Was Kodak losing money on slide projectors? It
seems to me that there will be demand for them for some time, if only
for luddites like me who want our images actually to look good on a
screen. Why buy quality gear, quality film, and work on becoming a good
photographer only to have low quality projection equipment?

>Joe

I would think schools, at least, would hold onto slide projectors for a long
time.

8-9 more years of servicing is pretty long.

Unfortunately when it comes to technological changes, resistance is futile.

Marnie aka Doe  But things do seem to be moving rapidly. I have a 40-45-year
old projector (non-Kodak), BTW, that still works, if a bit shakily.