Chris,

Thanks for the nice explanation.  I've been following this thread and I must
admit there was a point where I was getting a bit confused.  Your post
really cleared things up.

I own a zx-m and am considering an auto-focus camera.  I'm in no hurry so I
think I'll wait until the release of the MZ-s, and see what shakes out.  If
the MZ-s really comes out with a street price of US$900 I won't buy one.
I'd be interested in a less expensive MZ-s(minus) even if they elimated some
of the features like build quality, data imprinting, and high speed flash
sync.  As a hobbiest, my equipment does not get rough treatment. Features
most important to me are user interface, compact size, spot meter.  Mirror
lock-up and multi-exposure would be nice. PZ-1P comes really close but I
like the smaller size of the MZ-S and ZX/MZ series and I am quite interested
in (what appears to be)the simple user interface of the MZ-S.  Ok ... I'm
rambling ... and dreaming a bit I think.

Eric