Winston,

Welcome to the list. I am really surprised by your statement about
your country having nothing to offer except Bali. I was very lucky
to have the opportunity to travel in your country about 5 years ago.
I traveled to Borneo, Sumatra, Bali and Java. All of the islands were
fascinating and amazing.  While I did enjoy Bali, I found it to be less
interesting than the other islands, the temples didn't compare to
Prambannan or Borobador. The landscape didn't compare to
Lake Toba, Gunung Leuser or Tanjung Puting. Some day
I hope to return to Indonesia and see more of Java and Kalimantan and
also see Sulawesi, Lombok, Komodo and Malaku.

On the other hand I do not know what is like to live there and
the country is not with out its problems.  I did see a few things
that were pretty tough and sometimes downright heart breaking.

Here's an interesting Indonesia Photo web site:

http://www.indonesiaphoto.com/

Once again welcome,

Geoff